Bachelor of Business Administration
The Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) at Belhaven University, prepares students for entry-level management positions and provides a course of study for adults who wish to enhance their professional and managerial skills. Students are required to meet for class once a week, and participate in project team activities designed to enhance the learning process and development of problem-solving skills. Project team activities are monitored by professors.COURSE DESCRIPTIONS COURSE SCHEDULE
The Bachelor of Business Administration program incorporates the development of the adult student's exposure to human problems and personal values, with a well-planned curriculum, which integrates advanced cognitive skills, awareness of self and others, and social and interpersonal skills, all through a Christian worldview.
Certain required courses within the business degree program, form the theoretical and practical framework adults need to succeed in increasingly responsible leadership roles within their professional and personal organizations. The Bachelor of Business Administration encourages students to achieve the following educational objectives:
- Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify problems and to develop problem-solving abilities.
- Develop their potential, enabling them to face the future with confidence and determination.
- Facilitate spiritual growth and examine personal and corporate values and behavior from a Christian worldview.
- Facilitate social development and effectiveness in interpersonal relationships through development of a Christian worldview and constructive attitudes toward work, other people, and the quality of life.
- Prepare for leadership and service in their vocations.
- Develop written communication skills.
- Develop oral communication skills.
- Foster and promote a sense of biblical worldview ethics and values to be applied in their personal and professional lives.
- Understand the functional components of business - economics, marketing, accounting, finance, law, management.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life problems through teamwork within the context of an active learning environment.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|BUS 304||Business Communication||3|
|BUS 309||Business Computer Applications||3|
|BUS 320||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BUS 326||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS 360||Operations Management||3|
|BUS 363||Business Finance||3|
|BUS 412||Organizational Behavior||3|
|BUS 414||Business Law||3|
|BUS 418||Business Ethics||3|
|BUS 419||Business Policy||3|
|BUS 420||International Business||3|
|MAT 345||Math for Business & Economics||3|
|BBA 302||Business Foundations||3|
|BBA 320||Financial Accounting||3|
|BBA 321||Administrative Accounting||3|
|WVC 401||Kingdom Life||3|